[Skip to content]


Find a healthcare service provider in Spain:

Search our Site

Getting treatment in Spain

Guide to going private - patient and visitor
People living/working in Spain are required to have a Social Security number for entitlement to government pensions, sickness, unemployment and healthcare and need to register with the Seguridad Social (Spanish Social Security - SS) as soon as possible after arriving in Spain.  You will need your social security card to be seen in the Ambulatorio or consultorio (the state-operated health centres found in many Spanish towns) but getting the paperwork can be a lengthy process.
Until the paperwork is complete, your EHIC (European Health Insurance Card), which entitles you to medical treatment which becomes necessary during a trip due to illness or accident, will be necessary.

Enquire about treatment and costs

We provide an enquiry service for people interested in health services and treatment in Spain, including surgery, cosmetic surgery, and dentistry.

Featured healthcare services

If you want to know more about the healthcare services in Spain, take a look at our featured hospitals, clinics, doctors, dentists and other healthcare providers.